Thursday, April 26, 2012

Home Sweet Home #64

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  This is for all the Mothers out there who work so hard to raise their families.  Take a break and step into my yard for a moment today.  I have a funny story about this photo shoot today.

I have set my table up and every time I step outside I keep hearing this buzzing.  Sounded like a lot of flies.  I just ignored it and kept right on creating my table, working with the lighting, and getting the angles just right.

Just about when I am done with my table ( I had been out there around 30 minutes)  a little honey bee lands on it and takes an interest in my roses.  Then it dawns on me that the neighbor who raises bees had a hive of bees leave the nest last year and they took up residence in our hollow tree.  So, the light bulb goes on and I look up and see the bees swarming. 

They were flying wildly all around the tree and buzzing in and out of the space above my head.  The buzzing was very loud.  How did I not remember this?  I'm way too focused on styling this table.

So, they have buzzed off now and very few bees are going in and out of the tree.  No harm done.  I am glad they appreciated my table and since they are now gone I will invite you over to a much quieter table.

Now I would like to highlight some of the posts that caught my eye last week at Home Sweet Home.  So many great ideas!

Terry at Forever Decorating  showed off her pretty brick borders.

 Judy at JBigg's Little Pieces  showed off the most beautiful lilac table. 

 LDH at With a Grateful; Prayer and a Thankful Heart   showed off recycled light shade as flower pots. 

Gail at Gail's Decorative Touch  made this apron out of a French grain sack.  Isn't this cute! 

Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!   It is wonderful to have you here! 
Sherry
I will join these ladies today:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Pearls and Lace Thursdays  at Faith, Grace, and Crafts
Home and Garden Thursday  at A Delightsome Life 
Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!

40 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your tablescape is gorgeous and your features are fabulous. So glad the bees are gone. Thanks for hosting us a lovely party. Hugs, Marty

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Sherry, what lovely features! Thanks so much for hosting!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Very pretty features, I specially love the tablescape by JBiggs...going to visit right now. Thank you for having me once more! Hugs,
FABBY

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry - cute story! I am glad they were more interested in your roses than you! I have come to love and to respect the bees that visit my garden - with caution ;)
Great features! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday and hosting!
Have a great weekend -
Kathy

theromanticrose said...

E' proprio una bella tavola di primavera al profumo di rose!Rosetta

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Lovely table setting.. love all the colors and the pretty lemonade glasses! I like your beautiful rose tablecloth and how it matches with your gorgeous centerpiece.... I bet the bees were all enthralled by your pretty table:)Thanks for hosting!Hugs,Poppy

Rob Hunt said...

Thanks for hosting. The bees added to the outdoor table setting with roses made for a bit of adventure. I am a gardener and it is the season so I have been writing posts about yard cleanup, new garden beds, transplanting, creating. Its been great.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you for hosting. The lemonade looked sooo good. Beautiful table. Not so sure about the bees though.

Elna said...

Lovely pictures and thank you for hosting.

Hugs
Elna

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherry...

My friend, you certainly did set a lovely table for us today! Of course, your roses are beautiful but that gorgeous linen and lace tablecloth just stole me heart away! Perfection! I sooo enjoyed your beautiful photos too! Glad that the bees enjoyed your pretty table and no stings took place! Hehe! Thanks for hosting another Home Sweet Home party for us, dear friend!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

I loved your table, Sherry!!!
What a scare, with the bees!!!
Beautiful features, I will see if I find something here to bring to this party!!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is the prettiest table Sherry! LOVELY tablecloth. And such vibrant roses. Your photos are divine. Love the glassware. Glad you didn't have to dive into a lake to dodge those bees! Yikes!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Your outdoor tablescape is beautiful!
Thanks for hosting ...lovely features :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Unknown said...

Your table setting is so elegant & inviting! Love the features also. Some lovely ideas they shared.

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Tina said...

The table setting is so pretty. Thank you so much for hosting.

Faye said...

Your photos are lovely and those roses...wow! great features too! Thanks for hosting.
Faye

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sherry, your table is just so pretty, love that gorgeous tablecloth! Be careful drinking that wonderful lemonade, wouldn't want any bees going down!! just linked up, thanks so much for hosting!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Such beautiful table..I so love it and obviously the bees do too!!...gorgeous...

Enjoyed all of last weeks features...thank you for hosting! Have a wonderful weekend...

Doni said...

That's so pretty! The tablecloth is so gorgeous! And those beautiful plates...oh so sweet! I love the roses...but NOT the BEES!!
YOU BE CAREFUL out there!! :)
Thanks so much for linking to my party!
blessings, Doni

ANNE said...

roses and pansies :) Love, love, love! Thanks so much for hosting, the features are gorgeous and your table is so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

xox

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Fun story Sherry. Sounds just like something I would do. Your gaarden looks lovely. Great features. I especailly love the brick border.
Hugs,
Jann

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Lovely tablescape, Sherry! Great features! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

CraveCute said...

That is a wonderful story! I love bees and they rarely sting unless provoked, but still you are lucky! Your table setting and flowers are beautiful!

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

I'm in love with that delicate tablecloth! I love the touch of lace!! Thanks too for hosting this share party! Always so much fun!!

Wild Oak Designs said...

wonderful, thank you!!
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

I would love to sit down and enjoy your garden. Looks so lovely! Thanks for having us all to your link party. Hope you'll stop by my place sometime too.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks so much for hosting a and your table is just beautiful!

Sarah said...

Sherry, your table is gorgeous. Love that beautiful table cloth. Thanks for hosting each week. ~ Sarah

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Lovely table...and HOW brave are you around bees???!

Pura Vida said...

What gorgeous roses...love the bee story

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Isn't it funny how we get 'lost' in our designing?! I LOVE that tablecloth -- it is just beautiful! The whole table looks so inviting -- wish I could sit down and visit!

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Wonderful features this week, Sherry! And thank goodness you survived setting up your lovely tablescape! You're a lot more brave than I am. I would have run for the hills. I've never been stung in all of 50 years and it would be my dumb luck that I was allergic to the little buggers. LOL

Thanks for hosting another fabulous Home Sweet Home! Have a happy and blessed weekend! ~Mary

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

What a gorgeous table you've set - bees would've sent me running! I'm not allergic, just scared!
Thanks so much for hosting, hope you have a great weekend.

Barbara said...

Oh, Sherry! I am glad they were just happy to spend some time in your lovely garden rather than causing mischief! We had them building a hive inside our barbeque one time, a day after we had used it. I love this beautiful setting. I could really linger at this table, enjoying the view and the lemonade. Beautiful tablecloth. I am so glad I found you again and am joining in on your Home Sweet Home party. Thank you.

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Your tablescape is so pretty. I adore your lovely white tablecloths. That is a very cute story about the bees. Thanks so much for hosting.

Sue said...

Your tablescape is beautiful, but you sound so calm about the bees! I probably would have gone running off inside and made my husband bring in the dishes! Bees scare me...not sure I'd want them for neighbors:)

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

Hi, Sherry!
Finished some projects, finally will link up!!!
Thanks again for hosting!!!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Hi Sherry, Thanks so much for linking up to Simple & Sweet Fridays. Always love to have you share your wonderful feature. It sounds like the bees came for a visit but they were probably in awe with your tablescape. Beautiful!! You're such a creative person. Thanks for stopping by. I linked up to your fun party. Have a great weekend.

Jody

foreverdecorating said...

Thanks for the shout out on my brick borders!

Decor To Adore said...

I adore Mr. Smith. Waiting for a Gardening In Phoenix book to come out. :)

Please stop by and enter my giveaway.