Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nutella Stuffed French Toast


My teens love Nutella, so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I had to try it.   It is very rich!  The Nutella lovers in my house didn't think you need the maple syrup with this.  It would be great for a special breakfast, like for Dad, this Father's Day.

4 slices Texas Toast
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup powdered sugar
4 Tbsp Nutella
maple syrup
fresh fruit

Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium low heat.  In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, and powdered sugar.  Take 2 slices of the Texas Toast and spread 1 Tbsp of Nutella on each one.  Sandwich together and dip both sides in the egg mixture.  Grill on each side until brown, about 3-4 minutes.  Remove from heat and serve immediately with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or plain with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Enjoy!
Sherry
I will link this to: 
Friday Food at Mom Trends
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
What's It Wednesday   at Ivy and Elephants  
Thriving on Thursdays  at Domesblissity
On the Menu Monday at Stonegable 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays

16 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds delicious... never really had Nutella..I am sure this could become an addiction if I try!
jenni

Heirloom treasures said...

MM nice sweet treat xx

Elna said...

The look so good.

Hugs
Elna

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

That sounds very rich! I've never tried Nutella. I might have to give it a try!

allisamazing said...

My hubby loves Nutella. I should try this for Father's Day.

Anonymous said...

I love Nutella I will have to try this one for sure. Thanks

Cynthia

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh, delicious. I'd eat all of it and not share, ha. :)

Gayle said...

Oh my, I haven't ate breakfast yet and this looks so wonderful.

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Just one word says it all . . . . YUMYUMYUMYUMYUM!
Smiles,
Lynn

Cranberry Morning said...

What?! My daughters love this stuff!! :-)

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Wow! What a great treat for Nutella lovers.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

I'll have to try this recipe next week. Our daughter Carly, graduates from college and they'll be a lot of kids visiting. Thanks for sharing.

Jody

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

WOW this looks delicious!!! actually I think it would make a great dessert...Yummmmmy!
Thank you for the great recipe...
Have a fun week,
Big Hugs,
Donna

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

This looks so delicious!!! I'm your newest follower from "Domesblissity" blog hop. If you get a chance - please checkout my blog: godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com
Thanks
Angie

Cynthia said...

This sounds fantastic. I am going to have to give this a try this recipe for sure.

Cynthia

Naturegirl said...

Yummo!! As a chocoholic I treasted myself to a jar of Nutella can you imagine! I like the idea of making French toast with it!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!