Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Tablescape


I always love pulling out this transferware for a Thanksgiving table.  I used the Thankful Book Page Leaves with the fruit and pitcher of hydrangeas for a centerpiece.

I don't arrange tables as place settings that often anymore.  I just find the combination of what I am placing on the table to be more fun to photograph.

What do you think?  Would you rather see a table with the true place settings?  

Sherry
I will join:
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Cottage Style Link Party  at Lavender Garden Cottage
Sunday's Best Party  at My 1929 Charmer
Mod Mix Monday  at Mod Vintage Life
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sundays  at Sunny Simple Life
Share Your Cup Thursday  at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
My Monday Muse at Carter's Cottage

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the combination of table goodies! Of course, I love brown transferware and pewter, so this table sings to me! Gorgeous!

Cranberry Morning said...

I like it just like this. And that transferware is so pretty. Love the ships theme!

Diane said...

So pretty, I just love transferware....they just seem to be able to set the mood for any season or holiday. Lovely post. Diane

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

We often eat buffet style too when I have a crowd so that looks perfect. Beautiful tranferware.

Sonny G said...

very pretty indeed and just my style too. grab a plate , cup, silver and a napkin and serve yourself. I prefer this to formal settings and I think family and friends feel less stressed. thats always a good thing..

xoxo
Sonny

Our Neck of the Woods said...

So gorgeous! This seems more inviting than a formal place setting and everyone feels free to grab and go. It's so beautiful - great job!

Anonymous said...

HI Sherry! How pretty and those are lovely dishes and the centerpiece is so nice. I love serving this way too. Makes it so much easier!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Olive said...

I agree with you. Stacked dishes are much more interesting. All those layers are somehow better to photograph. Plus keeping the flatware straight is nerve wracking. your composition here is beautiful. I love brown transferware this time of year.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

I have to agree with you. I love the bunched look. It looks so much more casual and less froo-froo. I love all of your elements.

shaggysheephome said...

Love the brown transfer ware. I like how you have the table. Who know you may start a new trend.

Cristina Garay said...

Beautiful! I love it both ways, when I have lots of guest I have to do it buffet style too. Gorgeous transfer ware set!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sherry,
Nothing makes me happier than a stack of lovely dishes. We seldom set the table formerly anymore. It's just easier with our large famuly to do buffet style. Thanksgiving is one exception that we set a formal table. Love your beautiful transferware and the thankful leaves are a great idea. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann